Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22, 1945 "Post Fran Blakes"



This fun letter from Wick arrived after a V-MAIL which was sent a few days later. Sometimes it is difficult to keep letters in the correct sequence. And sometimes, as with this letter, it doesn't matter when each one is read.



































22nd of March '45

"Hello Franie,"

"Well jus' to let ya know this pen isn't out of whack, I thought during an attack of Lewisitis it'd be okay to "see" yuh this eve'."

"Hey ya tell me something I can't quite see: what the L's the matter with Kelly, Em, Tesser + Baird? It must be only affairs of convenience - ya know, their "Rosemarys" were there and you weren't..."

"I've really meant all that I've said to you and love you more 'n very much. ... And well ...waitin' fer dose fotos. See what power they have o'er me, even unseen ones...."

"Well Franie ol' bum, 'pears like the end o' the eve has floated by ... Goodnite to the Lewis Lovely who is a plenty swell gal to have, the bes', with all the lovin' possible now,"

"Wick"

No comments:

Post a Comment